Tuesday, December 8, 2009

the age of feminine drawing






I have just come back from a little holiday in queensland which was utter and pure bliss!!! my week was full of lazing in the sun, silly dancing, laughing and inappropriate conversations... perfect!

Through exploring the West End of Brisbane, my friends and i found THE best bookstore ever, called the Avid Reader. They had such a huge design, art, craft section AND you get your book in a thick brown paper bag... OH I LIKEY!

so here are a few pics of my purchase, The Age of Feminine Drawing. If you like dreamy illustrations, you have to get your hands on it. It is a showcase of over 100 artists work and includes some of my faves like Stina Persson, Audrey Kawasaki and Erin Petson.

It was released in 2007 and i hear that the follow up... New age of feminine drawings is just about to be unleashed. This is possibly one of the best books i have ever bought, not only for the inspiring content but for the stock used and all the little details.

Ahhhhh, i think i am in love...

artists featured above image 2 - Noriyuki Nakamura, Image 3 -Mari Kubota, Image 4 - Stina Persson

1 comment:

  1. That book is totally divine! I want! I want! Looking forward to the next one!

    xo

    ReplyDelete